Sunday, June 5, 2011

Annual Conference-Day 1

The drive up to Shreveport was rather uneventful. We passed some cows, and I slept a lot. We saw a horse trailer with a fake horse head sticking out of it. It was rather humorous. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture. We left later than we had planned, but we can still check in tomorrow morning, so it’s all good.

We made it to the hotel about 6:00, and got checked in and everything. Of course, the first thing I did was set up my computer. I also did the customary/mandatory “run and jump on the bed”, and yes, it felt AWESOME. The bed is approved.

It rained shortly after we got to the hotel, but not for long, and it didn't rain very hard. It mostly looked dreary. Due to the dreary weather (and the fact that Dominoes’ delivers.), we stayed in the hotel and ordered pizza. It was pretty yummy.

There is this pie place called “Strawn’s”, and OH MY WORD. Their pie is DELICIOUS. Strawn’s isn’t in Baton Rouge, so we HAD to go get pie for desert. Again, it was yummy. We decided to get half chocolate and half coconut, so it would last us three days. (Maybe.) My personal favorite is strawberry, but after a few days, the strawberries would start to get funky. When we go to the one near campus, I’m getting strawberry. :)

All in all, it’s been a relatively uneventful day. I’m about to go check out the pool with Ms. Lenora. :) Tomorrow should be more interesting. :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought it sounded a little quiet around the house...

    Glad you had a safe trip up to Shreveport.

    love you,

    dady.

    ReplyDelete